Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary is a small faith- and spirit-filled Catholic community that proclaims the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Through liturgy, worship and witness to our faith, we perpetuate the advancement of Catholic Education, Evangelization and Outreach Ministries.
Working together as a family, we foster, cultivate and strengthen our Christian community spiritually, socially and culturally.
The place and time where all these ideas and relationships come true are in the Eucharist. Here are the pattern and power. Here in the Offertory is the time and place to offer all that each life takes on in its special environment of poverty or wealth, of sickness or health. Here, as Charles Williams would say, is the time and place for an exchange – an exchange of my burden for yours, an exchange of our burdens for the light yoke of Christ, an exchange of sin and penitence for forgiveness. And in the Consecration of the bread and wine is an exchange of our bodies for his body, of the Cross for Resurrection, of captivity for freedom, of death for life, of all else for joy. -Paul Moore in The Church Reclaims the City, 1964
- An open door to Christ and the Glory of God
- Living out our faith in service to our community
- Genuine care and compassion for those suffering and in need
- Faithful belief in the teachings of the Catholic Church
- Ministries of love, care and support to exemplify the Great Commandment
- Relationships with those like us and all those made in His image